Terms & Conditions
By joining COS, I confirm the following:
Membership of Cambridge Open Studios
Membership of Cambridge Open Studios (COS) is open to anyone who lives and creates original works of art or craft in Cambridgeshire (excluding Peterborough) or the CB postcode area.
Artists can join COS at any time of the year. New membership is £90. Renewing membership fee of £60 is due between November through mid-February. Membership fee is reduced by 25% from mid- February through July. Membership fee is halved from August through October.
Artists can participate in July Open Studios, for an additional fee, if they are members before the deadline. Artists cannot participate in the current year’s July Open Studios if they join after the Registration deadline of 31st January 2023.
Terms and conditions of artist membership
- Both my home and studio are located in Cambridgeshire (excluding Peterborough) or in the CB postcode area
- I create original works of art or craft
- I am 18 years or over
- I have read and agree to Cambridge Open Studios data protection policy relating to use of my personal data (view the policy at the various links on the website, or ask email@example.com)
Terms and conditions of Participation in July Open Studios
- You commit to be in your studio between 10am and 5pm on both Saturday and Sunday of the weekend(s) you select.
- Your priority is to give the public the opportunity to talk with you about the techniques you use and the passions that inspire you.
- Members sharing an entry in the guide must exhibit at the same location and must ensure that at least half the exhibiting artists are present at any time.
- Only the work of COS members who have paid to participate can be on display.
- No entry charge will be made to visitors.
- All publicity materials provided by COS must be collected and distributed by participating members, within the local area.
- We urge you to promote yourself and publicise Open Studios, as best you can.
- Consider the safety of the general public a top priority. For example, use signage to avoid potential trip hazards e.g., ‘mind the step’ notices. Keep pets, particularly dogs under control at all times.
- A First aid kit to hand might be useful.
- The COS Management Team reserve the right to prevent any member from participation in the following year’s Open Studios, if they disregard any of the above conditions.
Selecting the auto-renew option authorises Cambridge Open Studios to renew your membership automatically in forthcoming years until you tell us to cancel. You will receive email reminders of the renewal notice, with at least 30 days of the membership renewal time. You may cancel the auto-renewal at any time by editing your settings online or by notifying us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions for Friends of COS
As a Friend of Cambridge Open Studios, you are invited to support artists exhibiting within Cambridgeshire, all year around!
Terms and Conditions for Galleries & Arts Partners
Galleries and organisations in Cambridge and Cambridgeshire working with local and international artists. Please note that gallery and organisation members can only represent their own brand/business, and cannot list individual artists on the website or in COS’ printed publicity materials.
1. COS Website ONLINE PROFILE
- Profile page for a full calendar year with ability to connect with COS members
- An entry on the website, describing the business and its mission plus up to FOUR representative image(s). Please note this does not include the ability to list individuals artists.
- We strongly encourage reference to how the gallery/organisation works with/supports COS artists.
- The ability to submit your upcoming events to the What’s on section of the website.
- TWO Social Media posts across each of the THREE social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) equal to SIX social media posts per year
2. PRINTED GUIDE and July Open Studios
- ONE listing for the organisation in the ‘Gallery’ section of the COS printed guide Please note: this is an entry FOR THE ORGANISATION and does not include the ability to list individuals artists.
- A ‘dot’ marking your location on the COS map in the printed guide
- A COS flag to display in July (to be used only for duration of valid membership)
- We strongly encourage galleries and arts organisation members to exhibit COS members during July Open Studios
- Members who do exhibit COS artists are more likely to be included in COS newsletters and have a higher profile in wider July marketing campaigns and online social media stories.
COS is run by artist volunteers. It is a friendly and supportive community where members can share their ideas, interests and challenges. A special event is held to welcome new members in the spring. Individual members often organise other COS social events.
COS is a company limited by guarantee and all artist members have voting rights and can attend the annual general meeting.
If you have any problems or queries regarding membership, please email email@example.com. COS is run by volunteers so please be patient regarding timing to respond to your message.
Cambridge Open Studios is a company limited by guarantee incorporated in England and Wales with company number 03317766 whose registered office is Prentis & Co. LLP, 115c Milton Road Cambridge CB4 1XE. The company known as “Cambridge Open Studios” exists to promote the making of original works of art and craft, and to provide an opportunity for the public to become involved in the arts by meeting artists in their studios, seeing their work and how it is produced.
By joining Cambridge Open Studios, you are becoming a member of the Company with voting rights at the annual Annual General Meeting where the Management Team is elected from the membership body.
A member shall cease to be a member immediately that s/he or it: a) ceases to fulfil any of the qualifications for membership as specified by Article 3 or by the Management Team; or b) resigns in writing to the Secretary; or c) fails to pay the annual subscription (if any) within two months of its becoming due; or d) is expelled by a Special Resolution carried at a General Meeting in accordance with Article 12; or e) dies, if an individual person; or f) is wound up or goes into liquidation, if a corporate body or association.
1 Mar 2023