MediaCeramics / Pottery, Drawing, Printmaking
Artist Profile PictureIMG_2788.jpeg
"*" indicates required fields
Artist's StatementTrained in printmaking and drawing, my work explores how natural history plays a role in the making of cultural identities. Current projects include Cultured Canines, a series of collaborative artworks that considers the histories of twelve different dog breeds.
Art StyleExpressionistic, Representational, Contemporary, Illustrative, Conceptual
Art SubjectsLandscape, Figurative, Animals, Nature, Architecture, Imaginary
Art Materialsgouache, watercolour, pen, ink, stoneware, paper, copper
Allison Ksiazkiewicz's Portfolios
Cultured Canines highlights the mythology built into the identity and cultural meaning of different dog breeds in a way that is both absurd and critical. It encourages the viewer to consider the cultures that inform how the histories and lives of animals are perceived, and to appreciate the actual and imagined roles animals play in our lives.
Allison Ksiazkiewicz's News
Cambridgeshire Register Office Call for Local Artists – CAMBRIDGESHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
- Photographs or digital copies of any pieces you wish to be considered.
- A completed copy of the submission checklist, which you can find attached as a PDF to this post.
- items will need to be supplied ready to hang.
- you will be required to provide a pre-set “label” which links to your contact details, all transactions will be with yourselves.
- items will be displayed at your own risk (you will be asked to sign a waiver).
- due to the nature of the service items will be required for display for a minimum of 12 months in the first instance.