Cambridgeshire Register Office has relocated to a new venue with plenty of blank walls, offering a new and unusual opportunity to exhibit and sell your artwork, with the total proceeds paid to you.
In its new venue on Ascham Road, Cambridge, the Register Office will continue to play a key part in the lives of Cambridgeshire residents through recording key life events and conducting ceremonies.
This is an opportunity for artists at all levels, arts organisations, and more.
Both 2D and 3D works can be exhibited for sale, with the total proceeds paid to you.
The space for 3D works to be displayed is limited to the external garden viewed from our customer waiting room, so pieces must be suitable for outdoor display.
Mediums considered include but are not limited to: Oil, Acrylic, Pastel, Watercolour, Encaustic, Mixed Media, Photography, Textile, Scratchboard, Gouache, Airbrush, Pen, Ink, Pencil, Charcoal, Graphite, Markers, Coloured Pencil, Fibre, Collage, Photographs, Sculpture.
If you are an artist based in Cambridgeshire this is an opportunity for your work to be seen in a venue receiving up to 700 visitors a week.
How to apply:
If you wish to submit your work for consideration by our panel, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line ‘CRO Art Project Submission’ containing:
- Photographs or digital copies of any pieces you wish to be considered.
- A completed copy of the submission checklist, which you can find attached as a PDF to this post.
The deadline for submissions is close of business on 31 January 2023. *This call has been extended from the original deadline.
What happens next?
In due course, our selection panel comprised of Councillor Hilary Cox Condron, the County Councillor for Arbury, partners from Cambridge City Council and a range of Registration Service staff will review all submissions and notify those who have been successful.
We will aim to confirm which works have been selected and announce a date for the display of the art by early Spring 2023.
Please note that if your work is selected by our panel:
- items will need to be supplied ready to hang.
- you will be required to provide a pre-set “label” which links to your contact details, all transactions will be with yourselves.
- items will be displayed at your own risk (you will be asked to sign a waiver).
- due to the nature of the service items will be required for display for a minimum of 12 months in the first instance.
If you have any questions or wish to visit to arrange a visit to the Cambridgeshire Register Office, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘CRO Art Project’.